Alder Cones for Fillers & Potpourri, Mini Cones for Aquariums
Bring the outdoors in with these natural alder cones. They are adorable cones and perfect for potpourri and centerpiece filler. Alder Cones make the Best Potpourri and Fillers for Rustic Home Decorations all year round. These hardy cones also make beautiful boutonnieres and small floral arrangements for home decor.
Alder Cones make The Best Potpourri and Fillers for Rustic Home Decorations. The cones are tiny, ranging from golden to dark brown in color and popular for Floral Arrangements. They are easy to work with, inexpensive and fun for crafters' of all ages. Popular with children's projects and Holiday decorating due to their versatility.
We have heard that alder cones in aquariums can help the ph levels, The do a lot of things and even have antiseptic properties . Lower Ph provide a food source for the shrimp by creating favorable conditions for micro growth and all shrimp seem to be attracted by them doesn't matter the species.
Size: Mini Cones : 1/2" in size
Color: Ranging from golden to dark brown
Tree: Alder Tree: Latin Name: Alnus incana
Choose Cone Count: ( 1030 Cones) Box Size 6 x 6"
( 2650 Cones) Box Size 14 x 71/2 x 51/2"
- FREE Shipping
- Home Decor
- Holiday Decor with berries and fruit
- Premium durability
- Easy to work with due to their hardiness
- Healthy ph buffering tannins for aquariums
- These miniature pine cones make a charming decoration in any aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. Like cholla wood, alder cones are a fantastic and natural way to lower and buffer pH. We use alder cones in many of our low-pH tanks. dwarf shrimp particularly love to graze for biofilm on the surfaces of the cones. If you plan to use alder cones to lower your pH levels, we advise starting with a small amount of cones and monitoring the pH before adding more. If you want to avoid excess tannins (which can cause your water to turn yellow or brown), you can also boil the cones before use. The cones may take one to two days to sink to the bottom of your tank.
- Cones are naturally imperfect, beautifully crafted by nature, made in the USA.
- Keep out of hands of small children
- Natural from forest, no chemicals or preservatives applied.
- Discount Pricing: The more you purchase the less you pay/cone. Bulk cones available , please contact us for larger quantities, the possibilities are endless.