Small Pinyon Pine Tree Cones for Nature Inspired Crafts
Natural, Botanical Pinyon Pinecones will bring a sweet, outdoorsy touch to your home. They look a bit like small flowers and are adorable painted or used as a group in a vase. Get your seasonal creativity going with small pine cones, perfect for Holiday crafting!
Size: The cones open to 4–6 cm (1.6–2.4 in)
Color: Light Brown
Condition: New Good Quality
Tree: Pinyon Pine Tree :Latin Name: Pinus edulis
Choose Cone Count: 30 Cones
- FREE Shipping
- Home Decor
- Floral Arrangements
- Mantle Decorations, Centerpieces
- Holiday Decor and Christmas Wreaths
- Nature Inspired Decorate for Rustic Accents for Weddings
- These make adorable Flowers and Painted Flowers
- Tip: For some species, the cones remain tightly closed until exposed to very warm temperatures, it is possible to warm the cone up ( microwave or oven for short periods) and it should get fuller and may give a pleasant woodsy odor. For a Fuller look store cones in a dry area, if wet they tend to close up.
- We collect the seed by gently tumbling the cones ,with natural product.
- Cones are naturally imperfect, beautifully crafted by nature, made in the USA.
- Keep out of hands of small children
- Natural from forest, no chemicals or preservatives applied.
- Discount Pricing: The more you purchase the less you pay/cone. Bulk Pine Cones Available Here.
Did You Know?
The trees yield edible pinyon nuts( seed in cones) , which were a staple of the Native American Indians, and are still widely eaten. Harvesting techniques of the prehistoric Indians are still being used to today to collect the pinyon seeds for personal use or for commercialization. The pinyon nut or seed is high in fats and calories. The harvesters knocked the cones off the pinyon trees with poles, stacked the cones into a pile, put brushwood on top, lit it, and lightly scorched the pinyon cones with fire. The scorching burned off the sticky resin coating the cones and loosened the seeds. The cones were then dried in the sun until the seeds could be easily extracted.